Every Sunday, 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM
The Children's Ministries at Wesley Memorial UMC teach, love, and nurture children and their families as they experience the joy of Christ and share His love with others.
- Acceptance: A ministry that welcomes and encourages all in Christ
- Compassion: A ministry that focuses on showing heartfelt concern for others
- Love: An inclusive ministry where everyone is welcomed with the love of Jesus Christ
- Spiritual Growth: a ministry that nurtures a foundation of faith, personal growth and a relationship with Christ
- Service: A ministry that recognizes and meets the needs within our church, our community, and the world by being the hands and feet of Jesus
SAFE SANCTUARY CHURCH
Wesley Memorial has long been an advocate of children and recognizes their uniqueness as individuals and as children of God. We are committed to providing a nurturing, safe environment free from verbal, emotional, physical and sexual abuse. All staff who regularly work with children, whether paid or volunteer are carefully screened. They are required to attend Safe Sanctuary training, complete an application, reference checks and background screening.
We offer classes for children birth through the 5th grade through which they can experience the love of God, hear Bible stories about Jesus, learn Biblical truths, and grow in their understanding of what it means to be a Christian. All of our Sunday school teachers are trained in Safe Sanctuaries. Directors and Nursery Staff are trained in Infant/Child CPR and First Aid.
"Sprouts" Preschool Classes
- Crib Nursery is for infants 6 weeks old to walking with a staff ratio of one adult to every three babies.
- Toddlers: Beginning walkers through two years of age
- Two Year Olds: Children age 2 by August 31
- Three Year Olds: Children age 3 by August 31
- Four Year Olds: Children age 4 by August 31
The Greenhouse… growing to be like Jesus
In “The Greenhouse" kindergarten through 5th graders experience “rotation Sunday school" where the same Bible story or theme is taught for 4-6 weeks. Each week, children rotate to a different station. The story or theme remains the same, but the children encounter it in different ways in each station. Repetition is an important part of the rotational learning style. The variety of experiences keeps interest high throughout the unit. Teachers teach the same lesson, with age-level adjustments, for the length of the rotation.
- Creation Station – Art
- Rolling Rivers Playhouse – Drama
- Tool Shed – Bible Skills and Games
- Discovery Patch – Science
- Garden of Eat'n - Cooking
Occurs in Fall and Spring
Children ages Kindergarten - 5th Graders are invited to sessions of Bible Explorers. This weekly Christ-centered club program help children grow as whole persons and learn to make Christ Lord in every aspect of life. In weekly Bible explorations, children learn about God’s love, Christian values, and how to apply the Bible to everyday life. Each unit children will complete activities to earn Bible and Activity awards. Club members take part in: games, singing, drama, fitness, camping, cooking, woodworking & MORE!