Every Wednesday, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Church at Home (Birth - K) Bible Adventure
Church at Home (1st - 5th) Journey Today Show
Ann Marie Chilton and the Children's Ministry Team
Director of Children's and Family Ministries
The Children's Ministries at Wesley Memorial UMC teach, love, and nurture children and their families as they experience the joy of Christ and share His love with others.
- Acceptance: A ministry that welcomes and encourages all in Christ
- Compassion: A ministry that focuses on showing heartfelt concern for others
- Love: An inclusive ministry where everyone is welcomed with the love of Jesus Christ
- Spiritual Growth: a ministry that nurtures a foundation of faith, personal growth and a relationship with Christ
- Service: A ministry that recognizes and meets the needs within our church, our community, and the world by being the hands and feet of Jesus
SAFE SANCTUARY CHURCH
Wesley Memorial has long been an advocate of children and recognizes their uniqueness as individuals and as children of God. We are committed to providing a nurturing, safe environment free from verbal, emotional, physical and sexual abuse. All staff who regularly work with children, whether paid or volunteer are carefully screened. They are required to attend Safe Sanctuary training, complete an application, reference checks and background screening.
We offer classes for children birth through the 5th grade through which they can experience the love of God, hear Bible stories about Jesus, learn Biblical truths, and grow in their understanding of what it means to be a Christian. All of our Sunday school teachers are trained in Safe Sanctuaries. Directors and Nursery Staff are trained in Infant/Child CPR and First Aid.
- Crib Nursery is for infants 6 weeks old to walking with a staff ratio of one adult to every three babies.
- Toddlers: Beginning walkers through two years of age
- Two Year Olds: Children age 2 by August 31
- Three Year Olds: Children age 3 by August 31
- Four Year Olds: Children age 4 by August 31